Sunday, February 20, 2011

Waking up in Ubud

Day 4, 20 February 2011
Eating around Ubud, Bali
Woke up this morning feeling all ready to conquer the day. It was Sunday and nobody works on a Sunday back at home; which means nobody was gonna be bugging us with anything work-related. It's surely gonna feel like we're on holiday today!

Breakfast consisted of banana pancakes, a fruit platter and a cup of coffee. Banana pancakes (or banana jaffles) are a common form of breakfast here in Bali. I love it when it's crispy on the sides, and when the pancake isn't made too thick. Every time I tasted it, I was quite sure I could whip this up at home.

breakfast by the balcony
enjoying the pool view over breakfast
Life couldn't get better than this (at this moment at least). Breakfast, followed by a swim in the pool... ahh life... The pool was quiet and empty, we didn't have to pay for a villa to get a private pool! How awesome. I wished we had another month here! I am so relaxed, I find amusement and joy even from watching an ant trotting around my watermelon slices!

hiding in the shade, watching L swim
watching ant enjoying my watermelons, while watching L swim

No comments: