Eat Pray Food
I briefly mentioned about "Eat Pray Lovers" when we first arrived in Ubud. It's just a term I coined, for the yoga-clad visitors in search of their 'om-s' here in Ubud, inspired, I believe, by the movie starring Julia Roberts and Javier Bardem - Eat Pray Love (I have yet to watch the movie though. I expected to see it displayed prominently off the shelves of every DVD rental shop, but that wasn't the case). Almost every stranger we spoke with, or came across, was on their way to a yoga session, or have just finished one. It's an interesting sight. And I suppose because of this 'phenomenon', many organic food places have sprung up.
Ja Juice Cafe is one of such organic food place. L and I are not organic-food lovers by the way (although I thought L would be... since he was all into the "eat healthy live healthy lifestyle"), so we're just glad they offered 'normal food for normal people'. We ordered Grilled Chicken (40,000rp) and a fresh whole coconut (17,000rp) to share. Unfortunately because of low-light conditions at the cafe, I had more sucky pictures than decent ones; but L took some on his SLR though; I'll post them when available! Give 'em a try the next time you're in Ubud.
| Ja Juice Cafe: Dewi Seta Street, Ubud-Bali |
![]() |
| that's me tweeting and foursquare-ing the place/food! |
We managed to find Kakiang Bakery, but they were almost closing and had little to offer. So I settled for the American Plain Bun. It was nice, and well, plain... but nice still. Definitely worth a trip back in the day, to try that all-recommended cream puff!
| Kakiang Bakery: Hanoman Street, Ubud-Bali |

No comments:
Post a Comment