Saturday, February 19, 2011

Feeding Frenzy

Day 3, 19 February 2011
Along with the Eat Pray Lovers, here's something else that's like the "in-thing" in Ubud (more so in Kuta!): fish spas! I don't know about your part of the world, but fish spas are like a "thing of the past" here in SG. There were popular a couple of years back but nobody really goes to such therapies anymore (in my opinion, that is). So you can imagine how tickled we were, to see its popularity amongst the foreigners/tourists. I mean, come to think of it; you'll think YOU're the one enjoying a treatment, but the fishes are probably enjoying THE treat! Imagine the amount of skin flakes they've been nibbling, yes, yours, yours, yours AND yours. And I don't reckon the staff actually bothers to change the water, and even if they do, when and how often do they change it? I cringe just thinking of it. Ewwww. Thanks, but no thanks. And to them who asked us, "Would you like to try?" We politely declined with a "Tidak, terimah kasih."

feeding the fishes your dead skin is so not our idea of a spa
here's a closer look
Oh, and look who's here in Ubud now: Starbucks. Now I wouldn't want a tall latte here in Bali, would you? There are way too many options and things I'll like to try, than to have something that's available in my own home country.
love the wooden signage though

No comments: