Monday, February 21, 2011

Dirty Duck Diner

Day 5, 21 February 2011
A Must-Try
Bebek Bengil Dirty Duck Diner: Padang Tegal, Ubud-Bali
We've been to Ubud so many times, but we've never eaten at Bebek Bengil's (I think mostly because we kept stuffing our faces with twice the amount of food). This trip was turning out to be a gastronomic adventure of sorts. It was kinda dark by the time we arrived at the restaurant. The path leading up to our table would have been scenic in the day, we figured. There was a lotus pond and if you walked further down the pathway, there was a an open field of rice paddies.

I ordered the Bebek Bengil Crispy Duck that came with sauteed potatoes and a side salad (72,000rp), and a coke (13,000rp) to share. We didn't have to wait too long for food to be served, but we sure sure as hell took a long time to photograph the food before we could even sink our teeth into it! L was snapping away with his SLR, I was composing shots on my digital camera (and BlackBerry)... did I mentioned I was starving all this time too?

The tiny duck was crispy alright. But special mention to the chili - it was enak! (Even for a non-chili eating person like yours truly). You should have seen L scooping up the chili with his spoon and aiming that straight into his mouth, without any duck. Yes! He was literally feeding himself with chili!

I wished I had photos to share, but it was too dark for anything on my tiny camera. But we did say we'll head back again for lunch, just to see the place in its "full glory".

No comments: