

We checked out from AP Inn and biked to Dreamland Beach; bags and all. After 45min or so (and some getting lost along the way), we finally arrived at another piece of paradise, this one being less inhibited and touted as the new Kuta beach.





The sun was scorching and the waves were too intimidating for me to attempt boogie boarding. I was contented jus hiding by the Warung and enjoying my cola... We had wanted to surf and stay for a night even, but decided otherwise because we're too old and too afraid of the waves (ok, that's me I'm talking about). So we came up with Plan B: ride to Ubud and stay for a night.
1hr (or less possibly), we gave up on Plan B and adjourned with Plan C: check into a mid-range hotel and soak ourselves in the pool. And so we did just that. Kumala Pantai for 1 night.

Backtrack to Plan B. Sun scorching on our backs, bags strapped to us, in desperate need of food and water, skin feeling like the heat's eating into it; we just had to abandon an hour and a half more to Ubud. I couldn't imagine how I even can sun myself at the beach the last few times I was here! It was insane. We stopped for food at Mykonos - it was such a treat! We ordered the Souvlaki Pita bread, Beef Ragout Mozerella and Calamari Skaras; the latter which I would try to re-create when I get back home!



Fast forward to Plan C. The minute we dumped our stuff in the room, we went straight for the pool. The water was nice and warm! It was such a luxury! My skin is so fucked, nothing I can say will convince my mum that the tan wasn't intentional. But yeah, we came, we worked, we got burnt. And just when we were all into a relaxing, holiday mood, it's time to go tomorrow. Damn. Holidays are never long enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment