Thursday, October 16, 2008

SIN-DPS Day 5

I decided that I must have a go at all the breakfast options at AP Inn. So this was my first meal of the day: "Special Breakfast"









Some Balinese tried to reap me off today! I walked into an accessories shop and was told a certain bracelet would cost me 30,000RP. Fair enough, although I probably could have bought a similar one elsewhere, and at a fraction of that price. Moving along, I spotted this pair of earrings that I kinda liked, and so decided to purchase. That's when one of the guys said it's 50,000RP! He must have been nuts to think for a moment I would fall for that. Besides, why should the earrings cost more than the bracelet? I decided to pass and walk away... that's when he asked how much I was willing to pay.

I did some quick calculations... and got my lovelies for S$3!



We also visited an art gallery today. Someone we know sells his paintings in this gallery. Some of the stuff in here really inspired us to wanna get artsy and all but each time we land back home, all that inspiration would melt away with each hustle and bustle of the day...

The Balinese are a bunch of shiny, happy people. They do not bother themselves with the "what's happening tomorrow?"... You see them at the beach everyday, surfing, playing ball, picking up new phrases and vocab from the tourists... and us Singaporeans? We're just a bunch of uptight, skeptical asses who gets suspicious over every damn thing. When someone smiles at us, we think they're trying to sell us something. Com'on, you know what I'm saying. Don't pretend you're not one of us.

No comments: