Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Perfect 10.

The girls and I were talking about shoes today. Would I pay $500 for a pair of shoes? Say, I like it really, really much. Like, really, really much. I don't think so. Would I fork out half that amount, at $250 for the same pair of shoes? Erm, no. See, the thing with me and shoes is this: I don't drag my feet when I walk, but I almost always wear 'em out really quickly! Either I'll accidentally kick it against something, or I'll 'dent' it by accidentally tripping over a drain groove. You get the idea, I am not exactly the most careful walker. As much as I try to watch where I'm walking. I love patent wedges/flats, etc... but every time the patent leather gets as much as a tiny dent, it goes right into the bottomless pit hole where it will sit forever. Even if it's a day old. Yes, I'm anal like that. Maybe it's not obvious even, to the people who's going to see me in it, but I know it's (the dent) there and it sorta irks me. It's just one of my pet peeves... much as I try to ignore it.

The most I've spent on a pair of shoes would probably be what I'm already paying for my Nine Wests. They average about $170 a pair and I wear them out within 3-6months, depending on how heavy the usage.

So I guess the bottom-line is this: if it's not perfect, I don't want it. And this theory applies to everything - I need to work in a neat and tidy environment. Everything has to be in its "right place". I get irritated when things are misplaced, or when I feel sand under my feet, it has to be swept right away!

So there - I'm anal. I'm a perfectionist. And I'm not apologetic about it.

No comments: