Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sundays are for walking at a leisurely pace.

This morning, I woke up at 10-ish, without the repetitive beep of my alarm. I took my own sweet time to shower, to blow-dry my hair, and then to curl it. By the time I was done, it was like 12 noon. I took the train to town, had coffee and a donut at Dunkin' Donuts (for only $2.50!), and then started my 'shopping spree'. It was just all I, me and myself.

I had wanted to check out the Muji sale, the Orly Kiely collection at Uniqlo, and some knick knacks at Daiso, so Ion Orchard was the perfect one-stop-shop. First stop at Muji turned out to be a disappointment. There was almost no hint of an on-going sale, although there were random tags for items at a 20% discount. I had intended to buy a laptop bag but left empty-handed. My next stop at Uniqlo seemed more promising... until I spotted the sleeveless top I wanted, but they ran out of my size! Boo! But after much digging around, I finally found the elusive S! OK, for one of the sleeveless T at least. It would have been an easy fix for mum, the one I got in M. Hur hur hur... the beauty of having a mum who can sew!

Orla Kiely for Uniqlo
women Orla Kiely sleeveless graphic T/blue
my lucky find: the very last piece in size S
women Orla Kiely sleeveless graphic T/navy
loved the graphics prints so I bought it, even though it's an M -
I figured mum could fix that :)
women Orla Kiely long sleeve shirt/pink

I walked out of Uniqlo, $99.70 poorer. Spent zilch at Daiso. Then strolled down to Far East Shopping Centre but got stuck there for a bit because it decided to rain. And then I walked back up to Wisma, where I had tea and bread at Toastbox, before heading to Takashimaya. By then, it was almost 5pm, and time to meet the mother for dinner at Ikea, Alexandra.

Took two buses, reached Ikea about 6pm, had dinner. Bought 2 armchairs, 1 rug, 1 weighing scale. 1 happy mum. Came home, fixed up the 2 chairs, 1 even happier mum.

All that in one Sunday. I could do with more of these. But not everyday is a Sunday. I can only make the most of what I have. Hope your Sunday was well-spent too. Happy week ahead!

No comments: