To make matters worse, it was raining and the cab queue was freakin' long. There weren't even any cabs available on call. But I survived the wait and what must have been the longest ride in my life. I hate chatty drivers. I'm sure I would have mentioned that a hell lot in my blog, at one time or another. And this one's no different. First thing I got in, he tried to start a conversation, which I politely answered and then closed my eyes as a way of telling him to shut up already. He obviously got the hint, and I got my shuteye. I couldn't sleep, much as I tried and the journey seemed like forever.
Finally reached home, but didn't make it through the door before stopping to throw up by the stairs right outside my neighbour's house. All the Cheerios I had earlier came back out alright. Opened the door and headed straight for round two in the toilet. At this point, the head was still pounding and I almost wanted to knock myself out against the wall. Yes, it was that bad. I threw myself right into bed and then hoped and prayed I'll fall asleep so everything might just go away... but the brain just wouldn't budge. I struggled for what seemed like eternity. Got up and vomited a couple more times before I started to feel a little bit better... and then I fell asleep.
Next time I got up, the migraine was gone. That was like 1230am Sunday morning. So much for a weekend, huh? Sometime I wonder (actually, most times), if some day I'll go like my dad. Just like that. With a tumor in my head. You don't discover it until it's all too late.
No comments:
Post a Comment