Day 8, 25 February 2011
After all that food, we figured a stroll along the beach would be a brilliant idea (to aid digestion so we could stuff ourselves during dinner later!) I love the fine sand on my feet, but I wouldn't say the same about having sand blown at my face...
 |
| here's a tip: put on appropriate footwear when you're headed to the beach! :) |
Ever so often, you'll come across dogs quietly sitting on the sand, just enjoying the breeze and watching the people pass 'em by...
 |
| luuuurve this photo! |
I've been looking forward to eating
bakso eversince I landed. It's Day 8 already, and I have not had any. Since we were at the beach, and that's where I had my very first bakso, I decided this was it - I've gotta have one! (There are bakso stalls spread along the entire stretch of Kuta beach, so you would not really miss one. And I'm pretty sure they all taste about the same - enak!)
 |
| one bakso coming right up! |
 |
| bakso is a mix of yellow noodles & vermicelli, amongst other ingredients |

Bakso is usually served in a bowl of beef soup, with yellow noodles and "glass noodles" (that's vermicelli or beehoon to some of you), as well as meatballs, bean sprouts and crispy meat dumplings. It's one of my local must-eats (even though the soup base is kinda salty which makea me wonder if it came right outta the sea). It's like, how can anyone say they've been to Bali without having tasted a bowl of bakso from the street vendors? It's just not right.
It's strange but I don't seem to have a photo of my bakso in its 'full glory'... perhaps it's in L's camera... or I was too engrossed with eating, that I never took a pic of it! Anyway, it's 15,000rp a bowl (although I thought I remembered it was just 5,000rp the last time), but it's well worth it. Don't take my word for it though - you have to eat it to know it's true.
 |
| my view from where I was eating my bakso |
 |
| L waiting for me to finish my bakso cos he was too 'health-conscious' to have any. Bleh. |
Now that my stomach is fed, and the legs could walk some more, we strolled further down the beach and noticed that kite-flying seemed to be the call of the day.
 |
| L stopping to help with a fallen kite |
 |
| attempting to put it back up into the winds |
Although I would have loved my hands at kite-boarding, it wasn't something I thought I'd wanted to try in Bali. This trip wasn't about "roughing it out". It was a an overdue getaway that we really needed. Although we ended up working through the trip, we still managed pockets of time to still enjoy what Bali has to offer.
Oh, and lookie here what we've got... just before we were about to leave the beach, we spotted this:
 |
| how cute is this! they were headed for home together! |
No comments:
Post a Comment