Saturday, December 4, 2010

It's that time of the year

where everyone shops furiously and makes impulse purchases. I've learnt to think twice, even thrice... before I whip out my purse and pay for an item. Have I become a scrooge? I'll like to think I'm more careful with my spending. I used to not bat an eyelid and splurge on senseless/useless shit that triggers anything like "This is so cute! Let's buy then decide what to do with it" thoughts in my head. But having said all that, I'll still spend on people I care about, the Mr, my besties, my family. Afterall, money can always be made... and at the rate I'm slogging, I pretty much don't have time to spend mine anyway.

I'm gonna be having tea with the besties tomorrow and I'm all excited about giving them their pressies. I bought all their presents in the span of an hour! That, is a record. Only becos I knew exactly what I had wanted to buy... so I really didn't have to walk, browse, jostle with the crowd... just get to the shop, pick up the item and pay for it. Simple as that.

O, I've even gotten the boyfriend's pressie! I can't mention what is it now, cos I so am not gonna spoil the surprise. I'm sure he wouldn't have guessed anyway. But, the thing is, everytime I buy a pressie way earlier than when the occasion calls for it, I can't keep the secret for long. I always cannot wait to spill the beans and say it out loud - like "eh I've bought your present already." And then when I do that, the bf would try and trick me into giving out hints, which he would then be able to guess almost always right away what the hell I've bought!

So, to the boyfriend who happens to read this, the message is "no, you will not get hints and no, you will not ask me what is it that I've bought."

No comments: