Sunday, May 24, 2009

It's been too long...

since I've tuned in to Mandarin pop. I was just listening to ( & watching) some via YouTube and realised wow... so many new songs that I've unheard of! *laughs* Well, of course I wouldn't know where to look, so I turned to Baidu for what's hot and what's in *grins*

For a start, here's what I found (through trial and error too. I get blur from looking at all the Chinese text!)... and this too. Niiiiice!

Here are the respective MVs if you'll like to croon along:
男人女人
小酒窝

OK, there's a "cheena" side to most of us... whether we like to admit it or not... at least I have that side. And sometimes this side sneaks up on me without much warning. Cheeky fellow this one. And when that happens, I tune in to 93.3FM and hear what I've been missing out on!

Well, I don't get much "air time" other than the journey to work and back (sometimes) and weekends when I'm home I guess. Imagine having to keep up with what's new on American Top 40s and 龙虎榜 (the Mandarin equivalent). I salute the youngsters who are effectively bilingual. A friend was just telling me the other day how she hopes her son will be just that - effectively bilingual. Because she reckons it's big money these days, with so much attention on China. As for me? I think my mandarin has sorta improved over the years, thanks to all the crappy MediaCorp dramas I've been brain-feeding myself with! And I think I seem to be able to recognise more chinese characters too! *laughs & pats self on back*

So ok, sounds like it's time for a karaoke session soon. Girlfriends, if you're reading this, what say huh? What say? :p

No comments: