Sunday, March 29, 2009

Natalie's Party: Part 1

What's a party without an invite? The cousin was sweet enough to print and mail one back to me!

And then the cousin reminded me I promised the kiddo a birthday banner. So a-shopping I had to go, to pick up fancy papers and ribbons. I spent the next 3-4hrs cutting out the letterings and assembling them on my floor! But I have to admit I had fun doing it. I am such a crafting sucker *laughs* And oh, I didn't forget to leave my mark too! (After all that effort, I had to!)


Besides, I've always had this thought that if I were to open a shop, it would have to do with gifting: i.e. sell wrapping papers/ribbons... and offer gift-wrapping (my absolute fav part!)

I've always loved wrapping up pressies. I think it's because I enjoy the simple joy of giving, and I always never expect a gift in return for the ones that I've given out. Because I think giving should come from the heart, and not with expectancies. Everytime I see someone's face light up from receiving a present, there is this tinge of satisfaction and unspoken joy. On the down side, I've had times when the recipient isn't thrilled with the gift, and when that happens, I'll bear the disappointment in my heart. Like I mentioned, no expectancies! It just makes me not want to give so much to that person after a while! *laughs* His loss, not mine!


No comments: