Monday, January 26, 2009

It's Just Another Day

First day of the Lunar New Year and it feels just like any other day, except you'll probably notice some "seas of red" (red dresses, blouses, tees, shoes, bags, etc)

Coincidentally this year, my birthday happens to fall on the first day of the Chinese New Year! But as it goes, it feels just like any other day too! Surprise surprise huh! Double Happiness some say, but bleh I'd think. Birthdays get ultra boring when you hit a certain age, then again perhaps it's just me. Not much of a life I reckon. Damn.

OK, so I'm officially 34. Wow. That's 1 year away from being labeled 'mid-thirty' and a 'spinster' *hur hur* Not exactly too funny if you were me... been sitting around and waiting for too damn long. It's gotta happen this year and it better...

On a lighter side of things, the cousins will be poppin' over for a game of mahjong! *yay* I hope I get some luck this year! (And I'll need all the luck I can summon and gather because the cousins are a skillful lot!)

Check back and see if I've made a pile.


No comments: