Sunday, October 12, 2008

SIN-DPS Day 1

I've never thought airplane food was bad, until this trip. A very unappetizing piece of fried chicken in a hotdog bun. And it didn't feel like it's been heated up (although I'm sure they attempted to). The pack of butter that came with it was all soft (I'm only saying this because on any other airlines, I always had to wait for it to "defrost" before use). The best part - there wasn't a butter knife or spreader of sorts. I had to use the back of my spoon, which then again worked pretty well *laughs*

We checked in at our usual place (AP Inn) and realised they've increased their rates (up about 30%) + they now include a 6% tax. Damn. We might stay for a night (or two) then head out to Ubud.

By the way, the sepeda motor rental guy could actually recognise us too! We'd probably be renting from him anyway. Again, we realised he's upped his rental rates too (from what used to be S$6/day to S$8/day).

We had lunch at lunch at good old Bamboo Corner: nasi goreng seafood and mie goreng shrimp. Still value for money at S$2/plate! Yummers.

We took a walk to the beach but the boyfriend was too tired for anything, so we ended up taking a nap instead. Thinking back, I wondered how I could have actually attempted a suntan in this weather! 5min of walking and I was roasted, even with a cap on!

Dinner at the Havana Club was fantastic. We had a "make your own pizza" with pineapples (7,000), tomato sauce (7,000) and mushrooms (9,000). The best part: we get free net access!

We also didn't realise we landed on the very day of the Bali bombing 3 years ago, until a shop staff pointed it out. No wonder there were candles lit along the sides of the roads, outside most of the restaurants. We didn't stay on to see much of what was at the memorial though...

Update on sepeda motor rental: we got away with paying him 200,000rp (about S$30) for 6 days (down from his initial offering of 240,000rp). I feel like royalty everytime I'm here, because every bargain & spent is by the thousands *grins*

Oh yeah, the check-in girl at the airport asked if I'm pregnant cos I was wearing a babydoll dress. I don't have to be reminded I have a tummy, thank you very much young lady. Wait till you get to my age.

No comments: