Sunday, March 2, 2008

I am Fat.

And I think I've figured how people get fat. You see a little bump and no, we're talking about the pregnancy type bumps where you can actually celebrate and be happy about.. we're on the topic of the other type of bumps where your tummy is showing up because you've had too much pratas, bratwursts, ice cream, preserved mangoes, chocolates, (fill in the blanks here with your fav food)

And then you feel really ashamed that you don't have the taut ass that you've once had... and... and... those orange-peel skin that was never there is suddenly your best friend who's here to stay! Oh my god, it's upsetting to feel fat. And I'm sure this is nothing new - but getting fat is easy. It's shedding the fats that's hard. Trust me, I don't know where to start.

So do I buy a pair of running shoes and start brisk-walking (because I can't suddenly be running can I? When I'm almost always breathless just running across the traffic lights!).

Or do I buy a bike and start biking around my neighbourhood?

Or... or... I should really just watch my diet and stop eating when I don't really need to eat. Yes, snacking is bad. Really bad. And to sit in the office day in, day out after lunch, is just as bad. That's how the bump came about darling (if you haven't figured by now).

So ok. What am I doing about it? I'm gonna go buy me some running shoes and run around the block for a start.... perhaps soon I'll be meeting my long lost friends again - yeah, my legs. I had them alright.

No comments: