Saturday, December 22, 2007

My Father in Heaven

Went to pay my respects to Daddy today. It's been 18 years without him... *wow*

He passed away when I was 14 and life was never the same since. I had to give up being a princess... give up being ignorant about things around me because there was no longer Daddy to shield me from the "evils of this world".

My childhood years were a bliss though. I had everything a child could ask for; from bicycles to dolls to playmobil. I was very much loved, but never spoilt. My Daddy was very strict with my brother and I. He was almost a no-nonsense person too. He was my tutor, my chauffeur, my hero. Everytime I got into trouble with mum, he was my shield *grins* I remember being rude to mum one time, and was made to kneel till my Daddy came home from work... the minute I heard the door open, I got up, ran to him and knew all would be well and good again. It's true daughters are always daddys' little gems... don't ask me why but it just is.

Looking back, I wished I had more time to know and love him back... to buy him dinners now that I can afford it! And to talk about "adult things". Sometimes I wonder if I would have turned out any different if he was still alive and good to this day... yeah, I'll probably still be the princess I was and not bother much about the mundane everyday household bores.

Everything happens for a reason and no matter how I want to blame God for it, I know He knows better. Speaking of which, it's that time of the year again to commemorate His Birth! It's been a good year for me and I'm thankful for God's Blessings *smiles* I've been so busy I didn't think I could make it for Christmas Service... but it's a Sunday afterall and God deserves my time (lah).

And hey, I think it's cool both my Daddys are in Heaven watching over me... *wink*

No comments: