Sunday, October 14, 2007

Fairy Cupcakes












So this is it - I had my first home-baking class this afternoon. I wasn't totally satisfied with the results though. The icings were nothing like what I would have loved... Sylvia (our teacher) had to prep a whole lot and leave them out to harden overnight so we could use them for the lesson. No, no don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against Sylvia's ready-made ones; as a matter of fact, I thought it was sweet of her to pipe alphabets that corresponded to our names! We did try our hands at making some but it proved to be a bit tricky; my icing just kept coming out the wrong way from the piping bag! Speaking of which, folding the piping bag the right way was quite a feat too. Who would have thought there's actually a technique to roll the the baking paper!? Don't people just roll 'em into a conical shape as long as the end is pointy and then just snip it off!? Well, it's not like that apparently. So there you go, I learnt how to roll a piping bag! *wow*

Where do I progress from here? I think I'm gonna visit the kitchen appliances department and work out my sums! *wink*

No comments: