Saturday, October 13, 2007

The healthier choice?

I must have had 3 years' worth of indian food in the last 1 week! And to be honest, I've never been a fan.

Let's see, I started eating pratas only when I was like 21? And only because an ex-boss' hubby had his prata cravings and drove us all to Casuarina Road. My first encounter wasn't all that bad I suppose - crispy kosong pratas. They were the tiniest pratas I remembered seeing and I was coaxed into having 3! OK, from then on, I decided I didn't mind having a prata (crispy, please) once in a blue moon. But sometimes as luck would have it; the blue moon would appear a tad too often and pratas would seem like the way to go after midnight where every other eating places are closed.

So how did I end up having a week's worth of indian food?
One: The Boyfriend thinks Ananda Bhavan cooks up the best indian dishes so far and he's hooked on their dum briyani. Two: My intern's a muslim and a vegetarian, and Ananda Bhavan seems like the best choice for a lunch treat. Three: Because The Boyfriend loves the dum briyani, he just had to go back for more...

On a separate note, the restaurant had an article on their wall about man being intended by nature to live on a vegetarian diet, and apparently Mahatma Gandhi believed so too. What do I reckon? I think he has a point but I'm just not ready to give up my steaks!

No comments: