Sunday, February 19, 2012

Kumar's Amazing Race


Went to watch Kumar's Amazing Race with the boyfriend today, and all I got was this photo off my blackberry device, right at the start of the show, because no cameras were allowed in the theater. What a drag. No pun intended.

Esplanade, Circle 2 seats CC-47/48
The boyfriend momentarily dozed off at some point in time and I had to nudge him awake! No, the show did not suck, he was too tired.

Kumar is like an icon of Singapore. I "grew up" watching his shows at The Hard Rock Cafe (Singapore) and he was very much the only reason we'll queue for an hour (or two) just to get into the joint every Friday/Saturday night. But I have to be honest, and admit not all his jokes were hilarious today, but of the ones that were, he's proven he hasn't lost his magic. He has the ability to laugh at himself and at everyone else, for that matter! And he spares no one, not even if you're working in Parliament! The best part? He's not at all apologetic! You'll have to watch 'her' performance, to truly get a taste of the Queen.

No comments: