Sunday, February 12, 2012

Happy Birthday, Yvonne.

The cousin and I are born in the same year, which brings along this competitive streak amongst the relatives, to see who does better in what and when. I've never been a bright kid. She's always the smart one next to me. Don't get me wrong, I love and adore my cousin. Sundays at the grandma's was fun only because I knew she was going to be there. Growing up, we would visit the playground at grandma's, we would jump on the grandma's bed (when she's not looking of course), bathe in the grandma's big ceramic urn and play with water until we've been screamed at to come out of the bathroom! I even had an exclusive cookie club that had only two very important club members! Me and her! Even her brother wasn't granted access/membership (that he still remembers till this day).

And then we grew up. She went to Australia for her studies. We sorta stopped being in touch for a while. And then she came back. I don't remember how or when, but we started writing each other through cards/snail mail. She told me once her dad thought shes's been writing letters to herself cos the handwriting on the envelope looked just like hers!

We grew up some more. Her parents brought me on my first plane ride: to New Zealand and Hong Kong, when I was just 16. There's just so much between us to share and I could go on and on... but for now, I'm so happy she's living a wonderful life with a beautiful girl (and another one on the way!) and a doting husband.

So to you, Yvonne, HAPPY BIRTHDAY and I love you!

No comments: