Saturday, February 18, 2012

Happy Birthday, Dot.

Here's what we did to celebrate D's birthday today, after we walked 15min from where we parked, to Halia @ The Botanic Gardens:

iced cold drinks to cool us down
L-R: iced cappucino, infusion tea
the uninvited guest
the spread
the lemon meringue was too lemony for my linking, but the chocolate macaroon was deeeeelicious!
L-R: lemon meringue tart, chocolate macaroon
these shoes are made for walking... guess which one am I?
Took us another 20min (and map), to find our way back to the carpark! And then another 15min before we decided where to head to next: Dempsey Road. We stumbled across this Korean BBQ restaurant and was immediately drawn to it > only because we haven't had Korean cuisine for a while. Time check: 630PM, and we've just had high-tea not too long ago. But we figured the stomachs could take on more food, so we decided to stuff our faces again (or as the boyfriend would say "feed my ankles")

CHANG Korean BBQ Restaurant @ Block 18C Dempsey Hill
assorted meat: beef and pork

ginseng soup
fatty pork and corn
the very tasty sauce that I eventually cleaned out at the end of the meal!
So we walked and ate, and walked and ate again. And although it poured earlier in the afternoon, we're glad it stopped in time and the weather was kinda breezy/cool (albeit a little humid!) I hope you enjoyed the day, D. Cos I sure enjoyed the food *burps*


No comments: