Monday, August 22, 2011

Mind Over Body

I was feeling perfectly normal right up till after lunch today. I felt c-c-c-cold from the aircon in my office... cold like I had a fever kinda cold... so I left work early and got home by 6pm (yes, that's early in my context). I had a hot shower, pulled into comfortable home clothes, and cozied myself under the blanket on the couch. I had the fan on for a bit, and then realised it was too darn cold, so I had it turned off. Only to find it too darn hot. I was having a fever alright.

That's when I had this thought: "Why should I lay here like I'm weak and sick and having a bad day?" (Although I was having a bad day. I mean, what a way to start the week!) So I kicked away my blanket, brought out my nail polishes and decided to give myself  a manicure. See, that's what I would do when I'm NOT sick; so in order not to feel "sicker", I decided to feel better by doing something I would normally do! Not sure if this is making any sense to you, but for the next 30min, I pampered myself and worked out some sweat and before you know it, the fever went away. Just. Like. That. No sponging, no panadols, nothing.

It was Mind-1, Body-0 today.

And it's back to work again tomorrow.

No comments: