Friday, May 20, 2011

Loysel's Toy

L and I finally managed to sneak time out to visit the "pirate place" as we've called it. Where Loysel's Toy cafe is located, the building has a painting of a pirate on the top-most level! Perhaps I shall attempt to snap a photo of this from far and post it here so you know what I mean.

Moving along, it's been months since we spotted this "pirate stake-out" at Kampong Bugis (right next to the Kallang River), but have never been able to find time to go figure - until this morning... this hidden little gem of a cafe is probably good for afternoons when you just want some peace and quiet, away from all the looming deadlines in the office. But like I was telling L, cafes like these intimidate me. It's too cozy. You step in, and suddenly you're the centre of attraction because all eyes are on you... but only because it's a tiny cafe and everyone will hear/see you come in. So please make sure you're dressed the way you'll like to be seen/spotted.  We settled for 2 cappuccinos. I'm not exactly a coffee aficionado so I can't tell if the cappuccino's exceptionally good, but L thinks Forty Hands makes better ones.

we're given a cup with a number, so that our coffees can find us
our cappuccinos, complete with coffee art
biscuit that came with our cappucino
I'm not sure if we'll visit often, but it's close enough to our office... and probably an ideal place to bring a client for an afternoon cuppa.

i didn't take many pix of the interior... but here's one
Oh, and what I didn't realize, was that my coffee art was almost intact! Even when I've almost finished my coffee! Thanks to L who pointed it out!

coffee art back at'cha!

No comments: