Saturday, May 21, 2011

Journey to the East

I travelled 30min to meet up with the two dollies, in the East today. Shopping was not on our agenda, so the next best thing to do was to chill out at D's new abode. We were kinda distracted along the way; there were just too much food (and stuff) at Tampines Mall/Tampines One, not to mention people. D and I had quite an unsatisfactory lunch at the food court, while waiting for W to arrive. The tea I had was just as *bleh*

D mentioned there's this French bakery that sells cakes that are to-die-for. So it's only natural we ended up with 3 slices that cost us a whooping $17.10

strawberry spongecake thingamajig that was not worth the price tag.
this is some hazelnut chocolate thingy that wasn't too bad.
this, was the plainest but bestest of the lot. definitely worth the hefty price tag.
That's not all. We also bought a box of durian puffs (which I never got to eat! because I was too stuffed with the cakes) too.

mini durian puffs from emicakes, $7 for 12
If only D's apartment wasn't so far off... it would really be a good idea to chill out here more often! Saves us the money of eating out and spending even more money. It is jolly good fun having tea/cakes in the comfort of your own home. We should really do this more often when D's in town.

Here's our "star treatment". Her coffee machine only sees the light of day upon request :p otherwise it's tucked away in her kitchen cabinet.

I have no idea what's in this purple capsule. Neither does D.
one cappuccino coming right up...
complete with milk, no less!
and check out the styling of the half-f*cked foam! :p
And what's coffee without our much-anticipated cakes!


the cheesecake was awwwwwwesome to the max!
So what else did we end up doing while eating and drinking and making merry? We scoured the internet in search of potential buys. See, D will be going to New York next week so we've got ourselves a personal concierge! Victoria's Secret, Coach, Longchamp... these were just a couple of the brands that's made it on our shopping list. We probably spent quite a bit of time on the internet because soon enough it was way past dinner and D suggested we should try the 'bestest' fried chicken! Way better than KFC and Popeye's! *drum rolls* - Arnold's.

Arnold's Delivery: 6276 6537
our "couple meal"; comes with whipped potato, coleslaw and bread

The girls all seem to agree it's a healthier alternative to Popeye's because it's got less oil under the fried skin? Well, I don't know about that, but I'll rather still go for Popeye's over this. The skin wasn't as crispy and the meat was kinda tough. The coleslaw was kinda bland while the whipped potato was ok. The 'bestest' part for me in this entire meal - the bun. Reminds of the man tous that are served with chilli crab dish! (soft and crispy on one side). Would I eat it again? If I had to give it a second chance, I might... but only because everyone else wants to eat it. It wouldn't be on my list to "to eat again" :p

And with all that food, surely someone has to clean up!

No comments: