Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Friday!

I got up at 4am this morning and haven't had any tea since (stops to look at the time *gasps* 8:46PM - how did I even survive 17hrs without caffeine? Absurd!) For the benefit of those who do not know me, I wake up this early only when there's a shoot. Met L at 5am and we stopped for a quick breakfast near the Woodlands check-point before heading into Johor Bahru for our shoot. It was a good 30min travel, thanks to Google Map on our BB and iPhone.

camwhoring
We arrived at the location approx. 45min prior to the shoot but ended up waiting 2hrs to get through security at the shipyard. Security claimed no one informed them of our purpose (filming), plus we did not have a clearance form for our equipment!

A told B to get C and D to sign an authorization form.

C questioned B why D had to say we were 'filming' (see, if D said 'meeting' instead of 'filming', then we wouldn't be needing the authorization form). B said they had to, otherwise everyone will get into trouble. After a good 3min of nagging and "brainstorming" among B and C, the latter told B to get D to prep the said form, so he (C) could then sign off on it.

B then drove us to meet D, only to have D bitch (in good fun though) for a good 2min, before prepping the form.

In the meantime, B drives us out to his office so we could wait another 15min for D to email the form over. (ZZzzzz)

The email arrived (thank God) in B's mail... he got C to sign it, and we're off to see A again. You'll think that's the end, huh? Far from it!

Enter new person, E, who checks all the signatories, and said "You'll need F's sign-off too." FUCK. Back to square one. Now you see how we ended up waiting 2hrs? So much for efficiency!

Oh, the shoot went well though :) So that's cool. But wait! I had to lose my security pass! FUCK. Had to re-trace my steps through the rig, climb up a 13-storey tower (again) and ALL IN VAIN. Triple fuck. Ah well, ended up paying 5 Ringgit for it.

climbed up once for the shoot. climbed up 2nd time thinking I might have dropped my pass there!

the hard hat that alllllmost fell 13-storeys dooooowwwwn~
back on solid ground
The journey back wasn't as pleasant too - I got us back the long way and had to enter Plaza Toll not once, but twice! (I'm fucking bad with directions lah. I totally suck at maps and topography. Not to mention I could never measure distance with a piece of string during my Geography lessons!)

My eyes are half-peeled as I'm typing this, and we'll be working through the weekend as well. No, I'm not complaining (title reads "Happy Friday", remember?)... and no, I don't have to vote either. I'm riding with the lightning with Tanjong Pagar GRC!

No comments: