Friday, February 25, 2011

You've Been Warned

Day 8, 25 February 2011
The rip-off
It's down to our last couple of days in Bali and the heart is heavy at the thought of leaving this piece of paradise. However, eat we must, and we set off on our sepeda in search of lunch-worthy food! And of all places to eat at, I had to suggest Warung Ocha. I remember riding past this little eatery the last few times we were in Bali and it was always kinda packed (with tourists and locals)... I think we would have eaten here before, although I can't exactly recall. Well, anyway, L mentioned their standards have dropped so we decided to share a meal, instead of ordering for two. And I'm hell glad we did, because I'll never return for a second helping again.

Check out the amount of noodles for 22,000rp (S$3.20):

mie goreng: 22,000rp. Warung Ocha: Jln Raya Seminyak-Bali, No. 52
I'm not sure if you can tell from the photo, but honestly, I was kinda shocked at the amount of noodles on the plate. It's like paying adult price for a kiddy meal. I could have finished the noodles in 2 mouthfuls. Seriously. So don't be fooled into thinking you'll be getting any value for money here. Take a walk further down the road and you'll find other warungs where the locals would dine. You can't go wrong with that.

No comments: