Sometimes I'd take a moment and ponder over many "what ifs" in my life...
What if I had gone to a regular college instead of an art college?
What if I had remained as an art director vs being a suit (i.e. an account servicing person)?
What if I had continued my gymnastics training after primary school?
What if I didn't buy another dog?
What if I hadn't given away my old Prada haversack?!
What if I hadn't stopped blading?
What if I didn't leave my job at the last ad agency?
What if I continued wakeboarding?
What if my dad was still around?
I could go on and on... but we all have to make decisions on a daily basis. And every decision made will have its own consequences that follow. Say, you chose chicken rice over chicken biryani and then realised you should have gone for the latter because the former gave you a nasty tummy-ache! But if you hadn't chosen the former (and had a tummy-ache), you would not have learnt a lesson and perhaps not eat from this stall in the future.
So you see, whether good or bad a decision we make, there is always a consequence - good or bad as well. Sounds like too much to be talking about on a sunny Sunday afternoon eh?
So I shall, for today, bathe my dog, prep some labels for my purses, and perhaps head out and enjoy an afternoon tea all by myself. I think everyone should entitle themselves to alone-time once a week. Alone time to sip tea/coffee and watch the world go by, alone time to not talk about work, alone time to window-shop, alone time to just be... alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment