Thursday, April 16, 2009

27 years later...

and we're older, taller, smarter & wiser (I'll like to think!)...

Flash back to 1987 when ponytails, hopscotch, cobs & robbers, one-leg catching, zero-point and drinking triangular-packaged magnolia milk was in: I was enrolled into Henry Park Primary School and got my foot into 1AA. Skip the next few good years and whaddyaknow, I'm still in touch with some of the good friends I've made back then! How many of you even keep in touch with your primary school mates? It's probably more common for you to remember your high school/poly/uni mates but primary school?! Well, it's not like we kept in touch since we left primary school... it was along the way when our paths crossed and we managed to find one another again. It's such a wonderful feeling to know you're remembered after all these years! (At least I am)

Fast forward to present day: I had dinner with 3 of them. They all look as I've remembered them, albeit taller, prettier, chattier... *laughs* Dinner at Oomphatico's was great, not for the food, but for the company. We definitely had more laughs than the food we ordered! And we're hoping to add on to the numbers as we plan for the next dinner gathering.


















Facebook is awesome because that's how we started the chain. I found Marr and connected with her, and then I brought along Leon (whom I'm in touch with every now and then) and that was how the 3 of us met for dinner the last round. This time, Marr got Joe to join us and then there were four! I remembered an ex-colleague telling me I'm happiest when surrounded by groups of friends, and now that I think about it, that's so true. I love being amongst friends, although I won't say I'm a social animal (only because I talk to people on a daily basis as part of my job and there's just days I just want to shutup and not be talking to anyone.) But otherwise, I always enjoy a good conversation, especially with friends I've not seen in yonks. And mind you, not many people make it to my "friends whom I enjoy talking to" secret list. There are friends, and then there are friends... y'know, the kind that you can talk to, without having to roll your eyes. It's a delicate situation. Heh heh.

Ah well, in the meantime, I'm definitely looking forward to the next dinner with the Henries and Heriattas! It's over to the boys this time to organise! *Yawns*

No comments: