Friday, November 21, 2008

Supperclubbing

The boyfriend and I were "invited" for dinner tonight. The place was nice... and white. I would have posted photos but all those that were taken, wouldn't do justice to the place (or food). It was a 5-course meal that we sat through (very comfortably on the sofa lounges) and we enjoyed every bit of the gastronomic affair.

The starter was by far the "bestest" out of the lot. It was some thinly-sliced meat wrap that you had to eat with 1 glove on (either your left or right hand of cos)... and it was de-li-cious! Next up was the soup that came in a jar. The weird thing about it was it came in single and double portions: the single portion in 1 jar was for one; and the double, for two to share. It's weird cos if you were amongst friends, spooning soup from the same jar is erm, not something I would have enjoyed. Good thing I had the boyfriend to share the portion with. ok, moving along, the next dish that came was something new to me (and probably many others) - Quail. It was yummy though. Tasted like chicken; very tender chicken. And this wasn't even the main course! The main was some fish with some kinda rice (starchy brown rice or something but I couldn't tell cos the lightings were too dim). To end it all, we had a serving of ice-cream that came with a syringe filled with pineapple juice, and a slice of "chewy pie", which tasted like cookie dough. The food was awesome and there were like 2 "entertainment slots" in between dinner; some guy came out during the 3rd course, with 2 whips in hand! Everytime he whipped, it sounded like he was lashing out at us! The crackling of the whip was intense and very loud! It was an eye-opener! And then there was a cross-dresser who came on and lip-synched to 2 songs.

You should visit the Supperclub if you haven't, and experience "dinner in bed". Dinner starts at 8pm and the party people will start streaming in by 11pm for drinks... I would have enjoyed this in my 20s; dinner in a cool, hip joint, followed by drinks and dancing - yeah, I would have enjoyed it very much. But last night just made me realise that I would really rather be hanging out in my living room channel-surfing and eating chips *laughs* Yeah, growing older has somewhat turned me into a boring person.

When I was in my 20s, I would readily be out paartaying all night long on Fridays and Saturdays, but I don't enjoy getting smoke in my hair now... no, not at all. So yeah, people grow up, and preferences change as you enter into the next phase in life. Well, at least that's the case for me. I'm happy to have a quiet dinner with my girlfriends anytime, or to catch up with old friends/colleagues over a cup of hot tea... but wines and liqueurs and alcohol? I'll pass.

No comments: