Sunday, November 2, 2008

Rocky Road Chocs

I was watching Nigella Express on YouTube over and over before I felt I was "ready" to make Rocky Road chocs; which isn't all that difficult to begin with. Should I double-boil my chocolates? Or do I just trust what I see on Nigella Express and toss in the chocolate and butter in the heated pan? These questions play over and over in my head... as if I was about to whip up a 9-course dinner or something - which isn't even the case or close to that!

I'm such a lousy cook/baker. I am not one of those who can taste what goes into a dish. Was there lemon or lime or olive oil? I don't know! All I know if if the food tastes good or bad.

OK, so I finally got down to chopping up 250g of bittersweet chocolate, and tossed that into my pan. Followed by about 60g of unsalted butter, tossed that into the pan. Turn on the heat, let it melt a little, stick in my ladle and stir gently so it won't burn. 10-minutes into the melting, I tossed in some Rocky Mountain marshmallows and wait for everything to sorta mix/melt together. Yeah, that's how easy it was (and I had to sweat over it!?)

I don't know the results cos it's sitting in my fridge now. Check back later and I might post an update. Then again, how wrong can it get? The bittersweet chocolate could have been eaten on its own anyway and marshmallows... how wrong can the combo be?


Update: I luuuurve my Rocky Roads! I think they're yummy! And I'm now all psyched up to make some to give away for Christmas!

No comments: