Sunday, November 30, 2008

Customer Service: A big fat Zero.

Yes. That was what I got (or not get) at the Birkenstock shop at Raffles City, Basement 1. I was happily trying on shoe sizes and ignorantly asked if it's a narrow or regular cut (as seasoned Birkens wearers would understand, these sandals come in both the narrow and regular cut). And instead of telling me nicely that they only carry Regular cut sandals here in Singapore, this particular China lady told me off matter of factly that they do not carry Narrow cut sizes here. Fine, I thought and carried on trying on the shoes. And she carried on and asked if I saw the narrow cut option online and I said yes I did. That was like the last straw on the camel's back or something... next thing she asked me if it was fair that I checked out the shoes online, and then come to the store and try them on!? I'm like what's wrong with that? I can't try on the shoes online, can I? And there's nothing absolutely wrong in coming down to the shop and try out what fits. She claims it's not fair because I'll be buying online anyway. So I said, I need to see how it fits. Does it matter where I'm buying my shoes? Birkenstock is still making my money, isn't it! Besides, who wouldn't want to pay lesser for the same freakin' thing? Especially when times are bad! Every little dollar counts, lady! *hmph* And just so you know, I am buying that pair of Birkenstock online!

I really do not like the influx of chinese people on our shore. I apologise to those who think otherwise. Everyone's entitled to his/her own opinions.

No comments: