Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Avenue Q









I was treated to a lovely surprise this evening; tickets to Avenue Q at the Esplanade!

I first knew about this musical from an eDM and have been wanting to go for the longest time. So it was really sweet of the boyfriend to actually action it.

I went there expecting to see a musical ala Sesame Street; i.e. puppets only. No humans. When I say "no humans", I'm saying you don't see the humans behind the puppetry. But not in Avenue Q. The stage actors showed up on stage with their puppets! It was such a sight; to see the actors feel, talk, gesture and move as if they were the puppets themselves. I'm not sure if you know what I mean, but I suppose you really have to catch it in person! I shan't give away too much info here lest it spoils it for those who haven't caught it but intend to.

I loved the voices, the singing, the lyrics, the NUDITY (ha ha ha)... it was truly well worth the money (especially also since I didn't have to pay for it). Following that, I even managed to find all the songs online! Ask me politely and I might share 'em.

This was also the boyfriend's first musical. Half the time he was too distracted by the movements and puppets to actually pay attention to the singing. There were just too many things happening at the same time and he didn't know where to look! *laughs* But yeah, he enjoyed himself too.

The show's coming to an end in Nov, so do catch it soon if you haven't!

No comments: