Sunday, September 28, 2008

I, Me and Myself

It was ME DAY today. Yeah, I had today all to I, me and myself! I made an effort to get up early (on a Sunday, that is), shower, bathe the dog, do some work on my comp, then head out to town for a hearty ME MEAL. Yes, alone.

First stop: Takashimaya, Orchard. Ate a not-so-satisfying Seafood Ciabatta meal with mushroom soup and tea. I had a window seat that looked down at the shoppers down at the basement event hall, digging through the baskets of sale items. Many lookers, few buyers.

Next up: Wisma Atria. Nothing here for me.

Next up: Isetan Scotts. Was here just the other day with mum, on its first day of sale. Decided to make another trip back cos I realised I didn't visit their Event Hall on Level 4. And boy am I glad I made it back. Damages? 1 pair of Nine West loafers @ 50% off! Woohoo!

My legs were almost killin' me at this point. Yeah, as age catches up, I realised I can't shop or walk as long as I used to. Sigh... I wanted to find a cafe and just sit and stone and people-watch... but I somehow ended up taking the train to Raffles City.

The crowd wasn't as bad as I thought it would be - everyone was revving it up for the first ever F1 Night Race in town. I'm not a fan, but couldn't help peering through the enclosures... trying to catch glimpses of the cars in action. I still don't understand why anyone would pay hundreds just to hear the roaring of the engines and for that 1 glimpse of the car fly past *shrugs*

Ah well, after walking aimlessly from Raffles City to Marina Square to Suntec City and back again at Raffles City. I've decided that's about enough for ME DAY. Took a bus home... only to take another bus to Great World City. I just had to have my ME DAY COFFEE. How can I spend me day not sitting in a cafe with a cuppa? It's just not complete.

Ok, I had a hot chocolate but that did it for me *smiles* I sat there (and I was lucky to get the sofa seats!) and stoned and sipped my chocolate every so slowly. Oblivious to what was around me (people were eyeing my seats but I didn't giva damn. It was MY seat and it was ME time.)

The phone rang. It was mum who had to end ME day for me. She was on her way to meet me for dinner.

No comments: