Thursday, July 24, 2008

Ng Ah Sio Bak Kut Teh

Suddenly I feel like I'm a food blogger... but no no no, I'm not going that route. It just so happened that D mentioned this "famous bak kut teh" that was supposely near the Coin Prata stall.

So the bf and I got around to finally checking it out.

What's interesting was their "chinese tea practice". All the teapots are not washed and gets re-used each time a new set of customers come by. Yes, you did not read me wrong - the teapots are re-used over and over, most times with leftover bits (or chunks!) of tea leaves in the pot - something that I'm totally unfamiliar with. And so we rinsed the teapot and teacups with boiling water and contributed our dosage of tea leaves into the pot. I have to say the tea was rather fragrant...

Only towards the end of the whole lunch, and many tiny cups of tea later, did I wonder if the teacups were also re-used *appalled* And right after I posed that question, the bf decided we've had enough tea already! *laughs*

Verdict: The soup was really spicy (by my standards that is) but I'm really not a big bak kut teh fan. I usually prefer the kidneys/livers *drool* Would I go there for food again? Yeaaaah, I guess I wouldn't mind the kidney soup. The bill for the 2 of us came up to be about $24.00

Where?
208 Rangoon Road

No comments: