So I got my lazy ass out of bed, headed into the shower... and was pleasantly surprised she was on her way to pick me up! (the initial plan was to meet her at Bedok mrt).
It's been Y-E-A-R-S since I've put on a pair of blades. Dot opted to cycle so I got to use her rollerblades. The weather held up long enough for us to complete the route from Macdonalds to Fort Road and back. It must have been too long that I've not had wind blowing against my hair/face... that I actually felt my ears hurtin'! No, I'm not kidding. I actually felt my ears were 'acheing' from the wind! *rolls eyes*
I was dying of thirst and almost out of breath after 30min! I could have sworn it felt like an hour! So we took a 15min break at Macdonalds while waiting for the heavy drizzle to stop... I was almost tempted to order the Big Breakfast and call it a day already but Derrick insisted we should carry on. And carry on we did. For another 3omin - this time, from Macdonalds to the 'other side' (towards the chalets but not up till the jetty). I didn't feel like I had worked my legs hard enough... I guess also because Dot's wheels were quite smooth and it didn't take much effort to move (unlike my old pair of blades that require more effort.)
Anyway, after we were done, it started to pour... so we headed to Siglap Centre for breakfast. We ordered nasi lemak, longtong and kaya toasts to share - yes, we do realise all our morning efforts to keep fit is so totally wasted, but we didn't really care.
Following that, we headed to Ikea (Tampines)... Giant... and finally, to pick up a mahjong kaki for a session at Dot's place! *winks*
I was on a winning streak initially but ended up losing... but it was enjoyable and we all had fun playing, chatting, laughing... (oh... and eating/snacking)
The grand finale to the day - chilli crabs at Jumbo! We spoke about it in the morning and that was like THE thing we were looking forward to the whole day!
Dinner was a smorgasbord - chilli crabs, fried man tous (buns), bamboo clams, scallops with yam, otahs, yam paste dessert as well as 2 bowls of honeydew/watermelon sago! I was so stuffed I could hardly breathe anymore! (I could almost feel my cholesterol levels shooting up too!) This should only be attempted once in a loooong while...





I feel tired and sleepy and still so damn full from dinner. Come tomorrow, I'll be paying Dad a visit with dumplings cos it's the festive Duan Wu Jie (Dumpling Festival)... but... more on that tomorrow.
In the meantime, it's off to la la land! ZZzzzzzz
No comments:
Post a Comment