Monday, June 30, 2008

Breeze-walking is not my thang...

or so I realised last weekend. The initial plan to start out at 9am got delayed because I got up late... and then my phone battery went flat-out when D tried to contact me. His morning was another "adventure" altogether! *laughs* He got up thinking he would surprise me and come pick me up with Dot's car, but he got surprised instead... when he got to the carpark where the car was, he realised the keycard to exit the carpark was not in the car! And there was no way he could have driven the car out without the accesss card. And that was at 7:45am! Grouchy as he already was, he called me, only to have me not answer! (I could have sworn I never even hear the phone ring because it was already dead, but he claims I clicked it off! ha ha ha) By the time I got up and saw his "urgent" sms, it was already close to 9am I think! *laughs some more* We ended up having breakfast because we were all disappointed how the car was there yet we could not use it... and then, we decided to give it another try. When we walked back to the carpark, the gantry was UP because the maintenance guy was fixing it and we didn't need the access card afterall! *wooopeeee*

D suggested "trekking", since it seemed like a bad time to blade because the sun was like out and blazing. O---kay, I thought - that's something different. Let's try that. Arrived at Bedok Reservoir, and there was a crowd already! Apparently there was a Dragon Boat Race going on but none seemed exciting to watch.

The "trekking" started out breezy but as we walked around the reservoir, there were lesser trees which meant lesser shade! And gawd - I could almost feel my grouch meter hitting the high mark already! But believe it or not, we completed the round and I'm proud to say I walked at least 4.2km! No joke. I almost died.

O, but one thing we discovered while walking - Forest Adventure: Tree Top Course. Kids were having fun doing the flying fox and other obstacle courses! I wish there were stuff like that when I was a kid! I figured not many people know about this because it didn't seem that much crowded...











We were quite bored after the walk, so we decided to cool down at the Tampines Ikea (since there's free parking and free drinks), afterwhich D showed me this petshop where they trained the dogs and also take in the unwanted (and again because parking was free! Such cheapo people we can be huh). It was quite interesting but the weather was really a killer.

The day ended with dinner at Parkway with 2 friends (A & C) whom I haven't seen in a long while...

No comments: