I spotted an old lady at the hawker centre this afternoon, clearing leftovers into a KFC bucket that was inside her plastic bag. And when she was done doing that, she took to an empty seat and started eating from the bucket. The vegetables and meat that someone left unfinished, has just became another meal.
I stared at her for the next 3min (ok, I know it is rude to stare) and then realised (yet again) how fortunate we all are, to be eating food that we've ordered for ourselves... and then somewhere in a secluded spot deep inside of me, I wondered if my yong tao fu, unfinished, was gonna make it as another meal for her.
But humans, in a desperate attempt to stay alive, are capable of most things (if not anything)... the man who'd pee and drink his own urine under the pile of rubble after a building collapsed... the woman who survived more than 72hours without food and water after being buried in an aftermath of an earthquake because she believed that she would be saved... faith does wonders to a person. Faith will bring you places... if only you believed.
So the next time you cannot finish your food because you ordered way too much, have a think about the less fortunate...
(and yes... I should have finished my 2 pcs of yong tao fu)
No comments:
Post a Comment