Sunday, February 3, 2008

$5 for a bag

I went cny-shopping with mum @ Chinatown and bought meself a bagful of Taiwanese Mochis. The guy at the stall was shouting out that they're selling plastic bags at $5 each. What he meant was this: You pay $5 for a plastic bag, you get to pack in as much mochis as you want and possibly can, into that bag; and all that would be yours. Good deal? I thought so. Though I didn't think I could pack that many in an approx. 8"x6" plastic bag.

So yeah, I packed and packed and squeezed and squeezed and then packed some more... and then handed the bag to the guy. He looked at it, paused, and then looked at it again. He mumbled something under his breath to his colleague, before reluctantly emptying my mochis into another carrier. Mum's rather embarrassed at this point in time cos she thinks I've packed in way more than $5 worth of mochis! *lol* Mum said she heard the guy say to his colleague, " Look, this is worth $20 already!"

I didn't care. The deal was $5 for a plastic bag. All I did was pack it full.

P.S. I counted the content when I got home... 65 mochis in all. Which works out to be $0.07 per mochi! Why don't you take a trip to Chinatown and see how many you can pack into a bag!

No comments: