Ah Voon's considering naming her baby love Aubrey Ann Quah. I thought that was quite an uncommon name, although this little princess might grow up and have friends think that her parents could not spell! *laughs*For anyone who's interested, I will update with information as it comes along... and when she finally decides on what to call her princess.
In the meantime, I'm trying to get a hold of my cozie's ultrasound scan in soft copy, so that I can have it posted here! *yippeee*
And while we're on the topic of naming; I remembered I had so much difficulties learning to write my Chinese name: 曾繁瑜 (Zeng Fanyu). It's supposed to mean "Precious" and "Gem" or something to that effect I think *LOL*
Our generation name was 繁 (Fan), which meant that everyone in my generation (in my paternal family) shared that same middle character; my brother 繁伟 (Fanwei) and my younger cousin 繁明 (Fanming). His sister was the only one in our generation who did not take on the generation name.
Here's a little secret: Apparently not everyone can "carry off" the character "繁" (Fan) because it's a "strong character". Er... if you asked me what that's supposed to mean; I'd think it's got something to do with a person's Eight Characters; but don't quote me on it lah.
It's also not a common character to have in a girl's name. And although I didn't grow up liking my Chinese name all that much, I'm actually thankful it's not a common name and am actually quite proud of it too *smiles*
So there you go, I'll like to listen to what you've gotta say about your Chinese name.
No comments:
Post a Comment