Saturday, September 8, 2007

I Heart Singapore (2)

I think I'm lucky to be doing what I'm doing, and more importantly, to love what I do. I'm a producer. This current job for a government organisation has gotten me in touch with so many people; from restaurant chefs to club owners and marketing managers, you name it - I would have had everyone covered (well, almost).

We shot in various locations and I really didn't think our little island was as beautiful as others have described it. Uh... ok, I think she's got her charms and if we all took some time off to explore, we would find something we haven't noticed before.

Recees are kinda fun because if you're lucky, you might just uncover some "gems". And by gems, I mean locations that you would not care two hoots about on a regular day, but hey! When you're actually on a mission to find that sacred place, you open your eyes wide(r) and then realise "Wow! You mean this has been here all along?" And that's when you try and guard that little secret!

This marketing video we're producing, would give you reasons to come work and live in Singapore. One: Transportation is affordable and varied; there's the MRT, air-conditioned buses and cabs galore. And roads are well laid out; it's easy to find your way around. Two: Getting in & out of Changi Airport in under half an hour each time, is truly a breeze. Three: It's a melting pot of cultures here and you get all kinds of foods - from Indian, to Western, to hawker fares. Speaking of which, it was my first time trying out Indian desserts - which I did not like at all! The list of "whys" could go on but I'll leave that up to you to discover.

Come take a peek at the video production here and you can tell me how much you love this little red dot too. In the meantime, we're working nights and days to complete this for their launch in October, in China.



No comments: