Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Hong Kong/Shenzhen Here I Come!

Mum and I arrived in Hong Kong in the afternoon and headed straight to meet up with kor at the Shamrock Hotel. He had arrived on an earlier flight.

It's wierd how flying makes you hungry!? (Then again, maybe it's just ME lah) But the minute we met up, we had to look for food. Or perhaps it's simply the fact that we're in Hong Kong, that we should just eat all the food we can, while we can! It's afterall a food (and shoppers') paradise!

Following tunch at a teahouse, we headed to Shenzhen by rail. See this token I'm holding? That's what you use to get through the gantry in the train station.

Unfortunately, I do not like Shenzhen. Not exactly my idea of a shopping paradise, although the things there are really cheap. It felt like a 'wasted trip' since we did not end up with any good buys. But perhaps I did not give Shenzhen a fair chance at showing me its 'treasures'... I was there only for a good 3hour... how much could I have seen?

So would I head back there again? I'm not sure, but unless someone has a good enough reason for me to, I really don't think I would.

No comments: