Monday, August 4, 2014

The Adventure Begins.

And the treacherous journey begins. 5:50AM SG time. I’m gonna be literally strapped to my seat for the next 30hrs. Oh, okay, with a couple of breathers in between.



I think I can get used to air travel on DeltaAirlines. I seem to be fed all the time (whether I’m hungry or not is really beside the point). Airline crew were friendly… all smiles… service was great. I’ve forgotten what cabin service is like, what with all my budget airline travels. Tsk. How can I ever go back to flying on budget airlines? Did I mention I like airplane food?

First leg of the journey was about 7hrs into Narita International Airport, Japan, where we stopped over for 3.5hrs, before jetting off to Seattle-Tacoma Airport (SEATAC) – this was another 9hr 19min of air travel.



Plenty of in-flight entertainment, although I slept through most of it. Montana’s like 15hrs behind us, so I figured it would be wise to start adjusting the body clock!

Backtrack to airport check-in earlier this morning. We almost didn’t make it. It seems we have a knack for late boarding, without even really trying and in spite of arriving 3hrs before boarding!

We had purchased 1-way tix from SIN-FCA and had applied for the 90-day ESTA waiver. According to its terms and conditions (which I obviously did not read!), this waiver is applicable only if you have return tickets as proof that you will not exceed the 90-day allowance.

No way were they going to check us in without proof of a return flight. What followed was a frantic pair (that’s us!) logging in online, to attempt to purchase our return flights. We just went with a bogus return date on whichever flight was available because we had every intention to cancel these as soon as we were in Montana.

We were down to like the last 15min (or less) when they finally let us in.

What’s a trip without a drama, huh!

No comments: